Heritage Federal Credit Union Home Show – Speakers/Schedules
Check out the special guests at the 2016 Home Show!
ON the ERA First Advantage Realty Stage (Ballroom on 2nd Floor)
Meg says she began her career in design the moment she decided not to attend law school. After she earned a degree in criminology, she soon enrolled at The Art Institute of Chicago where she earned a B.F.A. in interior architecture. The interpersonal skills she learned during her criminology studies help her develop profiles of her clients and uncover their true design preferences. She started her design career with Ralph Lauren Home and quickly became an owner of a design firm and a home decor store in Chicago.
Meg characterizes herself as a determined, direct and high-energy personality. She describes her design style as a preppy mix of modern and traditional, but she also counts the vibrant colors and unique design “Palm Beach chic” among her favorite looks.
She has recently completed 18 episodes of Meg’s Great Rooms on HGTV since becoming the season six winner of Design Star, along with half a dozen specials and guest judge spots on the network. In her home town of Chicago she is also a regular showcasing her design talent on WGN and Windy City Live on ABC.
Two Chicks & a Hammer Stars, Indianapolis natives, Mother and daughter duo Karen Jensen and Mina Starsiak
Two Chicks and a Hammer
About the show
Mother and daughter duo Karen Jensen and Mina Starsiak are setting out to revitalize their hometown of Indianapolis one property at a time. They’re buying up run down homes and transforming them into stunning urban remodels. With Mina’s real estate know-how and Karen’s no-nonsense legal background, these ladies are unstoppable in getting a property they want and enlisting their family’s help with demo and construction. When it comes to exciting new homes in the city of Indianapolis, it all comes down to Two Chicks and a Hammer.
Also ON the ERA First Advantage Realty Stage (Ballroom on 2nd Floor)
Speed Painting Extraordinaire, Aaron Kizer
AND DON’T MISS…
Next, returning to the Home Show this year is a crowd pleasing favorite, the K9 Frisbee Crew Trick Dog Show. Performing as part of our Family Fest this year, the K9 Crew is ready to entertain and delight both days of Home Show.
Saturday, April 9
Shows at 11:30 am, 2:00 pm and 4:30 pm
Sunday, April 10
Shows at 11:30 am and 2:00 pm
LOCATION: On the second floor in the Ballroom of the Old National Events Plaza
Leading the Crew is Tony Hoard. Tony has been training dogs with basic commands since he was young and it was a dog team performance at the Indiana State Fair that inspired him to work with his Australian shepherd, Rory, and flying discs. Fast forward to today, and Tony has traveled across the country entertaining crowds with his “K9 Frisbee Crew Trick Dog Show.”
The “K9 Crew” includes six dogs that perform acrobatic routines.
- Rory, a 9-year-old Australian shepherd, is a two-time Skyhoundz World Champion, 2006 IDDHA Freestyle World Champion and 2007 USDDN National Champion, who always seems to land on his feet.
- Zaniee “J,” is a 6-year-old Australian shepherd, who loves crazy flips and walks on her back legs.
- At 4 years old, Q-TEE Pup, an extremely energetic Australian shepherd, has taken home a top-three finish in an international competition, and amazes fans with his ability to walk backward up a wall.
- Seven of Nine is the smallest team member. At 16 inches tall, she still took home the 2006 Micro-Dog World Championship.
- Elektra Blu, a 3-year-old Australian shepherd has performed with the Indianapolis Symphony. Mowgli, a 2- year-old Australian shepherd, is a very high energy bundle of high jumping’ dog.
- The newest addition is Sprocket Rocket, who came out of rescue. He is a mix of border collie/ Australian cattle.